how to draw anime dog?
Ok, so you want to learn how to draw an anime dog. It sounds like a fun idea and it's a very common request from our readers.
Before we get into the specifics of drawing your perfect pup, let's talk about how to illustrate any good animal. Animals are very difficult for most people because they involve so many different shapes and variations in shading and texture that looks believable.
In order to make the process easier, I have a few suggestions:
1. Decide in advance what the animal should look like.
2. Create a set of stylized lines for the main body of the animal. Use them as guides to fill in all of your details such as fur, paws, etc…plus you wont need to worry about matching colors between values and lines. [The above image is only a guideline for how I draw anime dog ears]
3. Once you are satisfied with your outline, go over it lightly with your color pencils on top to give it some depth. You can also fill in detail if necessary. Remember, stick to your style of dog.
4. If you have time and feel like you have an extra special talent for animals, go back in and trace out all of the lines you used as guides and then re-draw over them to make them more polished looking. The goal here is to make things look like they are supposed to be there and not just added on for effect.
5. Don't forget about the background!!
A cute puppy may be the highlight of every drawing but it's nothing without a good back ground! Make sure you take some time to color or draw a good background that goes with your creature.
Here is a very quick and rough example of a how I might go about drawing an anime dog:
Ok, that's all for now. I hope this gives you enough information to get you started on creating your own anime dog!
How to draw cute animals: http://howtodrawcuteanimals.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-draw-cute-animals.html?zx=5a5e2b9daf8d68b0
How To Draw Manga Tutorials: http://howtodrawmangatutorials.blogspot.com/2011/08/speed-paintings-series.